Monday, July 18, 2005

Work/Job/Career?


Work - I work at an exhibit house designing, building, repairing trade show booths. I got the job through word of mouth when my boss was at a bar complaining that she just lost her graphic artist. My first interview was interesting I must say. I had no idea what the job was for! I've never heard of this industry due to lack of tradeshow's in my background. In the middle of the interview Maxi, came to play. Cats, at an office was a surprise but I love their company and endless entertainment. It's a small company which means little business but always work somewhere. I'm currently working on the website which one day will be up.

Photo - The top photo is of our showroom. I set up most of it while my boss was enjoying her vacation in Florida while I was still thawing from the snow. The top picture is with only the lights on the booths/displays lit. The upper left - I apologize for the blown out white, it's just the way the light is. I will have to try and retake the pictures where that light isn't so white. Which is why there's a second picture - the bottom pic are with just the lights in the room on. The booth on the right that you can't see that much I set up. The black metal above it (truss) I also set up. Which was very tricky considering the weight, height, and balancing act. But I was stubborn regardless of my size and I only dropped it once and it wasn't caught on the surveillance camera. I also put up the truss on the far left side but it wasn't nearly as difficult. The Voss banner hanging I designed for a booth back in October. Along with 2 other matching ones. Nothing too special, just their logo and a slogan.


Since I like the truss so much here's what it looks like from a better angle. You can also see the set up of the booth better. This was the booth that I had to reconfigure with only so many options for the show back in October.

That concludes the showroom pretty much. That is the most entertaining here. The rest is half warehouse and half office. Maybe tomorrow I will post more on my co-workers. Being Maxi and Maggie.

I will update whenever anything comes up. I am open to comments and requests. I shall attempt to update at least weekly hopefully 2-3 times a week. Minus my vacations, since I leave for Cali in a few days!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter