Monday, January 16, 2006

"Gentle reader,


...may you never feel what I then felt! May your eyes never shed such stormy, scalding, heart-wrung tears as poured from mine. May you never appeal to Heaven in prayers so hopeless an so agonized as in that hour left my lips; for never may you, like me, dread to be the instrument of evil to what you wholly love."

It isn't often that something you read or hear, sparks your brain for further thought. This one made me think - I like it. It's from a book I'm currently reading. What do you think the writter was talking about? Do you know who wrote it?

2 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the answer! But I'll let someone else guess.

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know too, but I cheated. And I'm not going to be as nice as Mike. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I was forced to read it in English class. You definitely have a thing for books they make you read in high school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter