Thursday, August 04, 2005

Rants on Trip



This is a favorite from my California trip. I took this in Vegas, at the Mandalay Bay hotel where they have a shark exhibit. Since they are in a glass type tank and it's dark I was surprised it actually came out decent. I brought out a little more color since it was so dark. It's weird that the shark appears to be blue, considering it's a gray reef shark. I was a bit disappointed in the exhibit, because they weren't very many of them. And at Sea World you can actually touch them. Personally, I can't wait to feed / swim with them. I think you can feed them off of Florida, the Blacktip Reef Shark. My favorite shark, Shortfin Mako is a bit risky to be in the water with, but I'd love to see one out on the open water! Especially when it jumps out of the water!

Here is a link to the rest of my better pictures from Vegas.
They changed their site around a bit so you can't get any real good thumbnails. But if you go into the slideshow and click album at the top there's some small ones.

When we got to Los Angeles, Katricia took us to good old Baja Buds. Yum!! That stuff is so great! The next day we took a freakin' 2 1/2 hr bus ride to Hermosa beach, if we had a car it would of been 20 minutes. We got there later than wanted, but arrive just as "Volleyball legend and three-time Gold Medalist, Karch Kiraly" started to play. Following that match was 2004 Summer Gold medalist Misty May and Kerri Walsh.
After they crushed the opponent they signed autographs and took a few pictures. We weren't able to get into May's line but I hauled butt to Kerri's and nicely asked if I could get in line after they closed it. Both Mike and I got autographs and a picture with the 3 of us. That night is when we drove a detouring route to Las Vegas.

While there we did the usual, walk around and see as much as you can. We stayed at my friends house which was AMAZING! Some of the Vegas pics are taken from his house. It was even nicer than the hotels there! As a summary of the house he has, a self cleaning pool and spa with color changing lights, spiral staircase from the master bedroom patio to the pool, BBQ pit, misters out back so your not too hot, view of the strip (with or without telescope), the list just goes on. Two of my Vegas pics I took through the telescope. The one of the pyramid that's up close and blurry lol and the lighted Tower looking one that is blurry. I had to post just cause they were taken through the scope. All in all we had a good time in Vegas, and my wonderful mom made it all possible by helping us get there and to the strip and back. :-) Thanks Mom!

The next two days we were in Los Angeles, where we boogie boarded both days. And might be an extra in the new (probably bad show) Head Cases on Fox. They were filming on the board walk so we jumped in the background.

The rest of the trip we were in San Diego. We boogie boarded some more. Went to Coronado beach where my Aunt Martha and cousins meet us. That night after Mike took some exposure sunset shots, we spent the night at my aunt's. I was awaken when my little cuz decided to shoot something at my head. That day was a mission to Del Mar beach and the rehearsal diner in the evening.

After the rehearsal I decided to follow Kyle (the groom) to the diner. Half way to Tijuana I figured out he was lost. Saturday was the wedding, where it was just busy. Had to get hair done early, get dressed, take pics, off to walk down the isle, and off to the reception. It was a great ceremony, very nice and lots of good times. Oh, and I did not trip walking down the isle. Instead I almost fell in the toilet before!!! Scary stuff! I'll leave it at it's a hard dress to maneuver in along with the shoes. Creating a tight situation where feet can slip. A fellow bridesmaid came to my rescue.

I will sum this up now..Sorry it's long on parts and short on others, but it's too looooong. Here are my Hermosa / San Diego pictures.

And I my last rant is...I strongly Dislike my car!!! I'm at a point where I'm spending 100-200 every 2 weeks / month to fix something on it. It is NOT a good car to drive in winter and I just can't do it again with that Thing I would have to get new tires for winter. I also have to get my back breaks fixed...all of it. It's not starting correctly and the mechanic can't get it to start wrong so until that finally Die Dies I can't get that fixed and who knows how much that is. And I just got a new muffler and now I probably need a new exhaust system or a great welding job. Just seems a more reliable car would be best. :-/ right? When you put more money into it than it's worth isn't it better? Then again I'd have to take out a loan and pay that off along with my other loan. So, any suggestions? I'm open. :-)

3 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one blue looking shark! I also liked watching the kite surfing, even if we only got to see it for a couple minutes.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jen Bronson said...

Doh! I forgot about that. That was awesome! One day I shall try that too.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Hey, thanks for sharing the Vegas snaps - I truly needed a virtual Veags trip to pull me through the rest of the afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter