Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Canton and some...



This picture I took in Cleveland, OH down by the flats. The flats use to be Cleveland's night life down by the waterfront. Although now it's vacant and more run down. I took Mike on a surprise mystery trip for his birthday. The main destination was the Football Hall of Fame. We took off a Friday and drove down for the weekend. I was a little disappointed that the 2006 Hall of Famers weren't in it yet! Although it was very cool learning how the sport has progressed over the years. But by far the best was seeing Emmitt Smith's jersey and helmet that he broke the all time rushing yards record in! Oct. 27, 2002, he set it with an 11 yard run in the 4th against Seattle. That game I watched and was waiting for!

I know it's been almost a month since my last post. Not sure where those weeks went, but they're gone. I can't really think of what all I have been up to. The pool I usually swim in is closed until the end of June! There is a closer pool, by my house that we've started to swim in. Today I swam in a really nice pool downtown! It has a movable bottom. And the water isn't salty nor to much chlorine / bromine, a very nice taste...for ones that like to spit the water. :-D

In a month I will be traveling a bit. For work we have this 25'x25' booth to set up in Chicago. I'll be flying out with my boss for a few days. Then from there I'm flying to Iowa to meet up with my best friend for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to both. Should be lots of fun. Last time I went to Chicago the night life was great. And I've never been to Iowa.

I suppose other things I've been up to are - playing imaginary air hockey, (that was this past weekend), read a book about Megalodon second in a series, watching many Sabre's games, still awaiting the warming of Niagara River, upgrading from a black and white phone to the world of color and camera, and trying to write this post for a week now...I'm going to just hit Publish now.


Go Sabres!

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked my surprise. Thank you sweetie. :-)

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen;
Going from Buffalo to Cleveland you must have gone thru Erie the birth place of me, your mother, Maryhelen, and Rob !!! Small world.

I know you are real busy but would like to talk to you about what you are doing. Please call me when you get a break. Love Poppy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter